Saturday, December 5, 2009

Manny Pacquiao: "I got Money to blow"

By Dennis "dSource" Guillermo - WARNING: This is not intended for the old and the uncool. Just kidding. It's just that all this excitement and tension from Pacquiao-Mayweather finally happening has gotten me flipping like a flipping Filipino kid in a Chocnut shop. It's like a sugar high, a dream come true and that feeling you get when you are about to open a large present under the Christmas tree. And frankly, it is what it is- an early Christmas gift from boxing to it's loyal fans after years of testing their resolve. If you are a Knicks fan, it's something kinda close, except that only one dude named LeBron James coming to the Bronx can give them the same sense of redemption.

So allow me to unload some of the random things that I've been thinking about and feedback from fight fans since this morning upon hearing about this proposed bout almost finally getting sealed and finalized.

If Pacquiao's new "meteor descending from outer space tattoo" on his left forearm makes contact on Floyd's chin, it would definitely leave a trail of destruction on Planet Mayweather and leave "Money" looking like 2012.

We already know Mayweather will box, dance, avoid and run all night against Pacquiao which could very well mean a unanimous decision victory for him, BUT, you got to understand, Pacquiao is a southpaw, so that shoulder roll defensive technique won't be as effective. And somehow, people still haven't learned their lesson and still underestimate Pacquiao's intelligence in the ring. And can you imagine how loud the "boos" will be once Floyd goes on his skates against Manny? Manny will eventually force Floyd to fight. This won't be a repeat of "The World Awaits" trust me.

A lot of people are worrying about Pacquiao's health, well, honestly I think he was in worse shape after his rematch against Marquez and fought Diaz just 3 months after. Word from my insiders tell me Manny is feeling brand new these days. The busted ear drum will heal and the cauliflower ear is no big deal. Just ask all the high school wrestlers and MMA fighters out there. Pacquiao is built from sterner stuff. Actually a fight before the elections to me is more favorable than doing it after. Pacquiao will be drained by the campaigning process in the Philippines. Trust me, I know. I got family inside politics. It could be more punishing than 2 months of training at the Wild Card Gym. Plus, Pacquiao's body is still in good shape from his Cotto training. Didn't Freddie Roach himself say not too long ago that he prefers Manny to stay active rather than take long breaks? And at the end of the day, Pacquiao will not agree to fight on March 13 if he didn't feel like his body wasn't up to it. End of argument.

Have you heard Money May's most popular rap single titled "Yep"? Well it goes something like this:



Well the video proved two things: 1) A nice beat isn't enough to make a talentless wannabe rapper sound good. 2) Floyd Mayweather Jr. knows how to count to 10 - Yep!!!

Not that Pacquiao is any good at singing either. But heck, how fun would it be to see these two go on a rap battle? And I got the perfect track and lyrics for Pac to spit at Money.

I Got Money To Blow (originally by Bird Man feat. Drake and Lil Wayne - if you don't know, you're too old! Kidding, kidding... I don't want to offend my buddy Marley in NYC. But then again, that guy is more up to date than most cats my age. Shoot, only Marley can talk about writing a crossover article about Lady Gaga and get away with it.)

Lyrics:

[Intro - Pacman & Drake]

Yeah
Coming to you live from
City of… GensanHollywoodVegas
So what it do young pinja? (pinoy ninja), 100

[Verse 1 - Pacman]
I am on a 24 hour
Tinola diet, hookin’ while I’m slippin’
I encourage you to try it
I’m probably just sayin’ that cause I don’t get hit by it
Hatton and Cotto went down like a Vegas chic
Boy I’m on that fly sh%t
I am what everybody in my past don’t want me to be
Guess what I made it
I’m the motherlovin’ man
I just want you to see
Come take a look, get a load of this slugger
Quit fronting on me
Don’t come around and try to gas me up
I like runnin’ on E
I… I… I… I’m ready to chase Floyd all night
He can be Peter Pan Imma be Captain Hook
And my new Ferrari faster than Floyd's Bentley
He can try to run but Imma out-quick him quickly

Damn where my roof just go?
Just like Money when he feels my Marco Bolo
He gon lose his thoughts and repeat "damn where my roof just go?"
Top slipped off like Janet at the Superbowl
I got ‘em

[Chorus - Drake]
They can’t help it and I can’t blame them
Since I got famous
They ducking me like Donald...
On March 13, I got "Money" to blow
Gettin’ it in
Letting these bums fall
Be cutting his skin
I got "Money" to blow-oh oh ohh
Oh oh ohh, oh oh ohh, I got oh oh ohh
I got money to blow-oh oh ohh
Oh oh ohh, oh oh ohh, got "Money" to blow

From the forums:

Poster "Perro" at boxingscene.com wrote:

VS Hatton, Floyd only landed 129 in 10 rounds; Manny landed 73 in two! For you geniuses, that's...

Pacquiao - 37 punches per round @ 57%

Mayweather - 13 punches per round @ 39%

And against Oscar, Manny out-landed Floyd, 224 to 207 in only 8 rounds to Floyd's full 12 rounds.

And lastly, short and sweet. Don't expect this fight happening anywhere else other than Las Vegas. nufsed!

There you go... Just some random thoughts. I know some of you might not be able to relate, but hey, at least you can say you are a tad bit "cooler" now. You know them haters hate cause they simply can't relate. I take risks like Pacquiao, unlike others I don't play it safe. Love it, hate it, it's all good. Let the chips fall where they may.

And for the record, I don't hate Floyd Mayweather Jr. He will pose a lot of problems for Pacquiao and is a defensive wizard in the ring. Now before I hear Floyd start saying "Stop jocking me", I simply believe Pacquiao will beat him. Real talk.

For more Pacquiao vs Mayweather news updates, visit http://pacquiao-vs-mayweather.cebuspace.com/.

Source: examiner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment